Here’s the last batch of questions…
Hope you enjoy 🙂
1. “Are you allowed to drive in your religion?”
Religiously, totes. The Prophet (saws)’s wives rode camels and the modern day equivalent would be driving. Culturally, Saudi Arabia is the only country that women don’t drive in. It’s a cultural thing, though, not a legal thing… And a lot is changing….
2. “Don’t you hate Jesus or something?”
Yep, and that’s why I wear this thing on my head that his mother also wore. I love Jesus. More than when my family practiced Christianity.
3. “Are you allowed to get a job?”
Allowed to and have.
4. “Does your husband treat you okay and all?”
God willing, when I find one he will treat me with more respect, knowing that I preserved my modesty just for him.
5. “Why not just take it off for work?”
Why not just walk around naked in front of your parents?
6. “What’s that thing called?”
Finally, a non-ignorant question! It’s called hijab (heh-jeb)
7. “Are you allowed to date?”
Got any raisins? How about a date? 😀 No, no dates.
8.”You know what would be cool, if you let your hair down for at least a day.”
You know what would be cool, if you wear this for a day!
9. “How do you swim?”
Not well to be honest, I just can doggie paddle to stay afloat…
Oh, you mean in hijab? Hideous swim suits – I choose to just avoid swimming.
10. “Can you even exercise with that on?”
It’s a little hotter as you may expect, but yep! And I do!
11. “Do you hand make you own scarves?”
Yep, on my golden loom at my house…. What is this 1706?
12. “Where do you get your hair done at?”
I make the lady stay late at the salon when everyone else has left for the day. God bless her soul.
Any more questions? Let me know in the comments!